Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sarah graduates from Uni!

I never seem to understand why it takes so long to receive your official paper work and degree after you finish university. Anyway, I finished my degree in Early Childhood Education in December last year and have finally received my actual degree from my graduation ceremony that was held in May. As I was studying by correspondence, I didn't actually go to the ceremony. The uni is in Bathurst, NSW, so would have taken about 8 hours to drive to for the weekend. So unfortunately no cap and gown! Never mind. I am now doing my graduate degree part time and will be finished in 2009, so we are planning to travel for that ceremony and take some important photos. I want to set a good example for the kids by investing in my education, put the pics on the wall with my degree in the study. Just like Jason's mission photos clearly reflect his accomplishments in that regard. So we'll see how we go!


That's me!!!!Yeah!!!!! It's only taken me 5 years of part time study whilst raising the kids to finish my work. I would not recommend trying to do it this way at all. If I could do it all over again I would have stayed at uni after graduating high school, rather than working; but on the other hand working in children's services allowed me to find a career path I truly desired to follow. Here's to the future!

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

I"m so proud of you! You are quite a women! I don't think I could have done that. Congratulations!